GalaxiesAndComics.com's Forums
October 16, 2017, 03:02:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Empire  (Read 8196 times)
Silver

"Existence is fleeting. Destruction is eternal."

« on: February 19, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »

There is a thread for Rebellion. There should be one for its predecessor too.

Who has read or is reading this series? What are your favorite story arcs? Who were your favorite writing talents in the series?

"On Palpatine's desk lay the head of Kit Fisto, faceup, scalp-tentacles unbound in a squid-tangle across the ebonite. His lidless eyes stared blindly at the ceiling. Anakin remembered him in the arena at Geonosis, effortlessly carving his way through wave after wave of combat droids, on his lips a gently humorous smile as though the horrific battle were only some friendly jest. His severed head wore that same smile. Maybe he thought death was funny too."
JediXMan
Head Administrator
Legendary

Vode an

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »

I read the first volume. I haven't quite gotten to the second yet.

It was okay. I haven't read Rebellion, either, and I intend on going to that soon as well.

Silver

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »

It was okay. I haven't read Rebellion, either, and I intend on going to that soon as well.
Rebellion is a direct sequel to Empire, similar to how Republic led into Dark Times. So you should appreciate the transition.

The quality of Empire grows as the series progresses, in my opinion, barring the first story arc. Having read the whole series, Empire is certainly not as good as Republic, but it is still very good. So stick with it. You should enjoy at least some of it.

"On Palpatine's desk lay the head of Kit Fisto, faceup, scalp-tentacles unbound in a squid-tangle across the ebonite. His lidless eyes stared blindly at the ceiling. Anakin remembered him in the arena at Geonosis, effortlessly carving his way through wave after wave of combat droids, on his lips a gently humorous smile as though the horrific battle were only some friendly jest. His severed head wore that same smile. Maybe he thought death was funny too."
JediXMan
Head Administrator
Legendary

Vode an

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »

Rebellion is a direct sequel to Empire, similar to how Republic led into Dark Times. So you should appreciate the transition.

The quality of Empire grows as the series progresses, in my opinion, barring the first story arc. Having read the whole series, Empire is certainly not as good as Republic, but it is still very good. So stick with it. You should enjoy at least some of it.

I certainly didn't hate it, so I certainly won't regret reading this.

I think the only Rebellion issue I read were the ones connected to Vector and #0 (which was in the same issue was KOTOR #0)

Silver

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:42:40 PM »

@JediXMan: All right.

My favorite story arcs in Empire were Betrayal, General Skywalker, In the Shadow of Their Fathers, and The Wrong Side of the War. So look out for those when you read them (setting aside Betrayal of course, since you already read that), and let me know what you think. Also, there were at least two issues in Empire that were about Boba, which were nice intermissions.

Rebellion was a decent follow-up to Empire, but I preferred Empire, personally. Though that might be a result of how short Rebellion was and therefore how few story arcs there were to choose from by comparison. It was still a good series though.

Silver

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 11:17:41 PM »

You made any more progress on Empire, JXM?

JediXMan
Head Administrator
Legendary

Vode an

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 06:09:34 PM »

Not yet. I'd like to, though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: