GalaxiesAndComics.com's Forums
September 22, 2017, 05:11:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Outsiders  (Read 8782 times)
Aaron Skywalker
Elite Member

I'm back!

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 09:59:01 AM »

I've been wondering if the Outsiders are something to look in to. Is is a good series? Are there any hardcovers out yet?
JediXMan
Head Administrator
Legendary

Vode an

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »

I really don't know.

By the way, since I see you are trying to start reading DC, I would suggest Final Crisis and Green Lantern.

gunswordfist

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »

Outsiders are a group run by Nightwing.
Really? The sad thing is that I'm really clueless about that. lol
JediXMan
Head Administrator
Legendary

Vode an

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 10:03:27 PM »

I don't think he's in charge anymore. He was, though. I think Batgirl runs them now, not sure.

X-Enforcer
Elite Member

It's time to nut up or shut up

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 11:06:53 PM »

Actually Alfred Pennyworth runs them now
gunswordfist

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 11:12:25 PM »

Actually Alfred Pennyworth runs them now
?!!! That's a surprise. Does he hand out combat strategies and freshly ironed shirts. lol
X-Enforcer
Elite Member

It's time to nut up or shut up

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 11:24:56 PM »

It's a recent change. He remade the team according to bruce's wishes. The field leader is Geo Force
gunswordfist

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 11:33:20 PM »

Geo Force?
Strafe Prower
Trainee

*Insert witty quote*

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2010, 08:45:52 PM »

I will correct this thread (As I am a LONG time reader)

The Outsiders was created by batman back before the Crisis. He didn't actually intend to make a team, they actually just formed by chance and stayed together after. The original members were Batman, Black Lightning, Geo-Force, Metamorpho, Katana and Halo. They had an ongoing that went for quite a few issues, and picked up 2 members, Looker and Windfall, along the way. Eventually Batman left the team and they had their own book 2 more times after that (Before, During, and After the crisis, making thier series' still canon.) The Atomic Kngit eventually joined up, as well as Batman coming back on board. They had several crossovers with the Teen Titans, Superman, and other major books too.

In the 90's They cam back with some new faces and loosing some old ones. the Team consisted of Katana, Halo, Looker, Geo-Force, Wylde, Technocrat, and Faust. Eradicator and Atomic Knight joined up in this run. This a great run for high-end feats, as well as heart wrenching stories involving the characters.

All the before series were written by Mike W. Barr. In the 2000's, Winnick and a couple of others took a strike at the book, making them another version of the teen titans. This team was lead by Nightwing and included Jade, Starfire, Thunder, Grace Choi, Arsenal, Captain Boomerang Jr., and others. Eventually, Batman took the team back over and it was a bit better. Some of the characters were Batman, Green Arrow, Geo-Force, Katana, Batgirl(Cassie), Martian Manhunter, and Catwoman. Eventually this team split up.

Recently, one of batman's wishes after his death was for for Alfred to bring the Outsiders back together. He got Black Lightning, Geo-Force, Katana, Halo, Metamorpho, Looker, and Owlman. Tomasi was the writer and they were supposed to be a team that was off the map and didn't have any connections to the world. They face Deathstroke and others, but Dan Didio took over the book and change the direction last year. He added some characters, Frieght Train and Eradicator, and split the team up. The team also became enemies of Earth.

SO there you go. A quick history lesson on the outsiders.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: